In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our readers, staff and community members, the
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette will postpone the April 9 HiringPittsburgh Career Expo, following recommended safety precautions as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
We will be sure to provide a new date as soon as it becomes available.
Thank you for your understanding.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette events team
June 9, 2020
Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
September 22, 2020
Duquesne Power Center Ballroom
11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
PREPARE FOR THE CAREER EXPO
FIVE STEPS FOR SUCCESS
1. Develop a resume: Your resume should be error-free, concise and highlight your skills. Bring several copies.
Don't have a resume? Visit the Job Seeker Lounge Powered by Monster
- Receive resume building help
- Search for jobs
- Open access to computers and copiers
- Connect with career center services and resources
2. Research organizations attending the fair: Impress an employer by knowing information about the company. You'll be positively remembered.
3. Practice a strong introduction and hand shake: Your time with employers may be limited. Rehearse a concrete response to "tell me a little about yourself" to impress employers in minutes and make a great first impression.
4. Dress appropriately: Keep your attire business professional. If you are dressing business casual, don't dress too casual.
5. Focus on what you can offer: During interviews or conversation with employers, mention what you can do for the company instead of what they can do for you. Be sure to grab the employers business card and send a follow up email or phone call.
For more information, contact Samantha Young, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-263-1457.
To reserve a booth, contact Deb Hansen, at email@example.com or call 412-263-1655.